13.01.2020 - 1st Welsh International Open Correspondence Chess Championship
La fédération galloise des échecs par correspondance organise sont premier open international, vous pouvez vous inscrire via le lien ci-dessous avant le 8 Février 2020
Three rounds, consisting of:
- Preliminaries, starting 23rd February 2020 (sections of seven to eleven players); no title norms will be available for the preliminaries.
- Semi-Finals, starting February 2022 (sections of nine to thirteen players); title norms may be available.
- Final, starting February 2024 consisting of thirteen players with title norms available.
Each round will be played on the ICCF webserver and have a duration of two years.
The winner of each stage will qualify directly for the next stage; a number of runners up will also qualify to fill any vacancies, depending on the number of entries.
Triple Block, 700 days (75 days bank, five days increment added after each of the first 50 moves; guaranteed time of three days per move will apply to each move after the 50th move).
Multiple entries are allowed.
The first entry is free for Premium or International members of the Welsh Correspondence Chess Federation; details of membership are available here:
(Please note that International membership of WCCF is open to any ICCF registered player, regardless of nationality.)
The fee for additional entries will be £10.00 GBP per entry.
- The winner of each preliminary section will win a prize of £10.00 GBP.
- The winner of each semi-final section will win a prize of £20.00 GBP.
- The winner of the final will be awarded an official ICCF medal and certificate, and a prize of £100.00 GBP.
- The first two runners up of the final will be awarded an official ICCF medal and certificate.
All prizes will be paid out via PayPal; if first place is shared using standard ICCF tiebreaking procedures, the prize will be divided equally.
How to Enter
The closing date for entries is 8th February 2020.
If you are not already a member of WCCF, you can join here:
Please send your entry to the above email address after joining.
The tournament website is here:
Entries will be listed here as they are received.